Tomorrow, March 27th at 8:30pm, the entire world will be aiming to turn their lights off for 60 whole minutes. Will your schedule allow you to participate? Have some fun in the dark and check out our suggestions for what to do during your down time!
You can find out more information, including a countdown timer and stats on how many people have said they'll be participating nation wide, over at MyEarthHour.org. Just because you're lights are out, doesn't mean you can't have a little fun, here's a few ways to spend 60 minutes in the dark.
• Hanging out in bed with a loved one. Hubba hubba!
• Go for a walk around the neighborhood. Take your dogs, or just yourself and go for a stroll.
• Light some candles and draw a bath. Read a few chapters of your favorite book, just for grins.
• People watch at the park, boardwalk or shore. Find the closest park bench and pull up a seat!
• Write a few snail mail letters via candlelight. For extra drama, seal them with candle wax.
• Family board game night via candlelight! Anyone for a round of Skip-Bo?
How will you be spending Earth Hour? Will you be working, caught up in activities or are you making time to turn things off and hang out electricity free for a few minutes? Share your plans below!