At the end of a long day, nothing's nicer than crawling under the covers — especially if they're nice and fluffy. Down comforters and layered blankets might not be to everyone's tastes, but they can be a welcome escape when it's cold outside.In case you're thinking of building your own layered winter bed, here are 10 inspiring rooms to get you started.
Good sources for a similar look include Les Indiennes (for high-end, hand-printed Indian bedding), Macy's and The Company Store (for basic down comforters that are frequently on sale), Garnet Hill (for traditional down-filled bedding), West Elm (for affordable modern comforters), and PillowsAndThrows.com (for layered accent bedding).
For specific source lists and a deeper look into each of the homes shown above, click through the links below.
• Melinda's Colorful Quincy Loft
• Alisha's Bright White Guest Cottage
• The Browns' Cottage Novella
• Revisiting Beth's Teeny Tiny Peekaboo View
• Pete and Sandy's Minimal Farmhouse
• Lanz, Michael and Brent's Evolving History House
• Vanessa's New Oakland Digs
• Emily and Meeko's Sunny First Apartment
• Ariana and Andreas' Downy Street Tree House
• David and Jo-Nell's Warm Modern Loft