During vacation in our house, the need for some kind of attention is felt strongly between nap time and dinner time. Playing in the snow has been explored, and playing with toys is at that point also (apparently) overrated. That's when I'm happy I have some tricks up my sleeve.Since I have gathered a lot of ideas for different projects and activities, I figured I would break it down by theme. For this post, I have put together a few resources to inspire an art project based on Gustav Klimt's art.
• Red Ted Art also has a very thorough project plan, with lots of detail for how to bring up the subject to the kids and how to make a beautiful piece of art.
• Jujujems' art project based on the Tree of Life, using metallic gel markers, black scrapbook paper and oil pastels.
• Deep Space Sparkle has lessons that can be spread over a couple of sessions. Based on the portrait of Adele Bloch-Baeur, it offers kids a way to do collages with buttons and fabric.
• Art Project for Kids provides a quick read on how to bring another form of collage to the kids using magazine cut outs on black paper and gold metallic markers.
• Klimt And His Cat by Berenice Capatti is a very popular book, a view of the artist's life through his cat's eyes.
• Gustav Klimt: A Painted Fairy Tale, is another book I have found on Amazon which shows different art projects for kids based on the artist's work.
(Images: as linked above)