Are you seriously telling me winter only officially began 9 days ago? I know much of the country has been shivering in their boots for months, so I guess now's the time for the serious hunkering down to begin. Here are some of our favorite winter living discussions, sure to keep us healthy and happy 'till spring — though it would all be a lot easier if this was a Winter Olympics year…
- Brrr! Space Heaters for Rooms Small, Medium, and Large has a roundup of great space heaters.
- There's also Hot Heaters: Slick Space Heaters. My thrift store heater does alright, but it is not slick and I try not to use it.
- Chilly Outside, and Inside Too? How to Maximize Heating the Home will help you make the most of that precious heat.
- San Francisco is just one giant humidifier, but for the rest of the country with normal, dry winters, here's A Cold Weather Must-Have: 30 Humidifiers.
- And 10 (Pretty) Humidifiers You Can Live With features one made of wood!
- Besides heaters and humidifiers, lower-tech things like drapes and rugs can play a crucial role in winter comfort. 5 Ways To Keep Yourself Warm At Home has some helpful hints.
- Do Design-Friendly Electric Blankets Exist? Weigh in!
- Speaking of cozy textiles, I'll have one of each: 10 Cuddly Cable Knit Throws.
- But how will you ever get out of such a cozy bed? 10 Tips For Making Winter Wake-Ups Easier can help.
- For me, the issue is staying awake. In You're Getting Sleeeeepy... Staying Awake As The Days Get Shorter, I give and get some advice.
- Cabin fever is hard on adults, but kids especially need an outlet for all that youthful energy. If it's impossible for them to go outside, here are Gifts For Active Kids To Use Inside This Winter.
- For Stir-Crazy Kids: Indoor Camping! might be another solution.
- Or bring the outdoors in for them with Winter Break Activity: Snowflake Crafts for Kids.
- For the adults, a "snow day" is a rare and precious thing. Make the most of it with Ways To Enjoy a Grown-Up "Snow Day" Anytime.
- Sometimes snow is more work than play: Green Tips For Snow + Ice Removal.
- But sometimes snow is a party! My birthday's in January, I want a snow party! Thanks, Best Kid Parties: Snow Theme.
- And sometimes snow can be art. The Harbin Ice and Snow Sculpture Festival might be just the thing to motivate you to venture into the great outdoors.
- If not, stay snuggled inside and peruse Cabinspiration: Images to Keep You Warm This Winter, one of which is shown above. I can move in by week's end.
Welcome to Apartment Therapy's Best of 2012 roundup! From December 19 through January 1 we are rounding up our favorite (and your favorite) posts from the past year.
(Image: House and Leisure via Cabinspiration: Images to Keep You Warm This Winter)