Lets get real here: Anything you can do with a small piece of wood, you can do with a wooden cutting board. It's a pretty versatile thing in the realm of re-purposing. In case you need a little jump start on some ideas, here are 10 examples and projects to inspire you.
1. Grab a clock hardware kit and turn it into a wall clock, like Emma did with the state-shaped cutting board above on A Beautiful Mess.
2. Use it to top an ottoman coffee table, in lieu of glass or a tray.
3. You can use a cutting board instead of a tray anywhere, really. I love this coffee and tea service setup from TV personalities Steven and Chris.'
4. Use a bunch of them to make a coffee table, like this one from Kenneth Wingard and P&G Everyday. There's instructions right here.
5. Use it as a platform or foundation for a centerpiece.
6. Fasten some short legs to the bottom and use it as a shelf for your desk or TV console, like Delightfully Kristi did here.
7. If it's light enough, attach a pair of cabinet bar pulls to the top at each short end of the cutting board to make a tote-able serving tray.
8. Turn it into a side table on your porch or patio by drilling holes and hanging it from rope. (Or just buy this $43 version from GrindstoneDesign on Etsy.)
9. Give it a coat of chalkboard paint and use it as a message board. This is especially cool if your cutting board has a handle cut out or another interesting shape.
10. Paint it and hang it as artwork on the wall. Over on Instructables, shyanna05 took a round cutting board and gave it a design inspired by a sand mandala.
Do you use a cutting board in an unusual way?