Looking to add a bit of natural, woodsy whimsy to your decor? Faux bois, or "false wood," is an artsy rendition of wood grain. You can style it to be bold and eye-catching, or demure and unassuming, but either way, it's timeless and classic. Come see ten faux bois floors — painted surfaces and rugs both — and get inspired to add a little bark to your floors.1. A unique green faux bois rug adds depth and interest to this jewel-toned room from Colette van den Thillart in Canadian House & Home.
2. This bold, black-and-white version from Coastal Living is wild and appealing in its pairing of simplicity and chaos.
3. Okay, so this is just another view of the same floor from Coastal Living, but this straight-on photo showcases the pattern's intricate design.
4. Mandi from Vintage Revivals painted her concrete subfloor with a faux bois pattern — and she walks you through the process, step by step!
5. This gray and white rug version, captured by Kate at Centsational Girl, is a loose, abstract nod to the grainy pattern.
6. Soothing cream and brown tones in this rug from Martha Stewart complement a natural, neutral decor.
7. A raised faux bois pattern on this rug from Gavin's nursery on Apartment Therapy adds woodsy texture and interest to an otherwise neutral piece.
8. This slim rug from Flor lends a calming element to this little workroom; from Brooklyn Limestone.
9. A large faux bois rug adorns the inviting entryway of a remodeled 1852 Georgia farmhouse; from Southern Living.
10. Light colored faux bois complements this traditionally-decorated living room from Alice Lane Home Collection.
MORE FAUX BOIS ON APARTMENT THERAPY:
• Look!: Benjamin Dhong's Faux Bois Bathroom
• Creating a Faux Bois Finish
• Tips For DIY Faux Bois Flooring?
(Images: 1. Chris Tubbs for Canadian House & Home 2. William Abranowicz for Coastal Living, 3. William Abranowicz for Coastal Living, 4. Vintage Revivals, 5. Centsational Girl, 6. Martha Stewart, 7. Apartment Therapy, 8. Brooklyn Limestone, 9. Laurey W. Glenn for Southern Living, 10. Nicole Hill Gerulat for Alice Lane Home.)