Often, when we think of decorating staircases, we think of gallery walls or unique wallpaper. But as these spaces show, sometimes all you need is a gallon of white paint.
White draws attention to stylish, sculptural staircases, but it also modernizes timeworn ones. If your staircase is a bit dark and cramped, white can open up the space considerably. While this trick also works with carpet, it seems especially well-suited to wood staircases, drawing out varnish colors, wood patterns and other pretty details.
Images. 1. Light Locations 2. Björn Lofterud for Hus & Hem 3. Residence Mag via Designspiration SK 4. Dustin Aksland for Dwell 5. Architizer
- White walls show off a gorgeous, minimalist staircase from Light Locations.
- Older stairs look homey and chic with white walls and a metal coat rack. Via Hus & Hem.
- Muted walls and open risers give this staircase an ethereal, airy feel. Via Residence Magazine.
- Detailed tin paneled walls look fresh in white, while the color draws attention to the beautifully stained stairs. Via Dwell
- The lines of this artful, geometric-inspired staircase really pop thanks to the white walls. Via Architizer.