While it's true a wooden bath mat won't give you that same plush feeling underfoot that a softer textile one would, some fans of the wooden bath mat claim it's easier to keep clean. And because of its warm, woodsy material, these sorts of bath mats are perfect for those looking to add a little zen to their bathroom.
We also enjoy the modern, architectural feel that wooden bath mats bring into a space (the mat in the above image from Hommemaker counterbalances the traditional features of the room). Perfect for every style of bathroom, we think the simplicity of wooden bath mats could look just as great in a bathroom with lots of bold, bright colors as one with more calming, relaxing spaces.
Our Previous Lists:
- This Simple Switch Made My Bathroom Less Dingy & Much More Zen
- Good Questions: Make Your Own Pebble Bath Mat?
- DIY Idea: Turn An Old Comforter Into A Bath Mat
- Best Products: Bamboo Bath Mat
Other Good Resources:
- Registry Roundup: Bathroom - Pop Sugar
- Roundup: 13 Fabulous and Functional DIY Bathmat Projects - Curbly
- Switch Out Your Bath Mat This Weekend! - Design Love Fest
Re-edited from a post that originally ran on 05.11.12. - AH