- 1) These 2-inch wooden blinds from the Shade Store create a very modern, horizontal pattern across a wall.
- 2) Woven wood panel screens from the Shade Store are more lightweight than traditional wood blinds.
- 3) Wood has the added bonus of being easy to paint, if you want to add some color to your windows. These shutters were photographed in Argentina's La Boca District.
- 4) Chinese wooden screens are a time-honored tradition, used in courtyard homes and gardens. This photograph comes from the Classical Chinese Garden in Portland. For places to buy Chinese screens in the U.S., click here.
- 5) Michelle Kaufmann's Glidehouse uses external wooden blinds to screen the large sliding doors.
Photos: The Shade Store (1-2), Phillie Casablanca licensed via Creative Commons, thirteenthbat licensed via Creative Commons, Michelle Kaufmann Designs