We love Etsy, not only because of its great products, but because it cuts out the middlemen and puts us in direct contact with the incredibly talented people who make them. Of course we're always curious about what kind of space begets such amazing creativity. To sate our curiousity, we follow the Etsy blog's Open Studios tours...
A regular feature, the Open Spaces tours showcase Etsy's artists and their inspirational workspaces and interviews them about their creative processes. Here, we've culled a few to whet your appetite. Check out the rest at the Etsy Blog's Open Studio Tours.
- Shannon Rankin of Selflesh, creates original art and limited edition prints.
- Manda's work space is the home of Tree Fall Design, a cornucopia of quilts, soft toys and home accessories in enchanting prints and patterns.
- When we were a kid, our dollhouse was populated by mice instead of dolls. We wish Anna of The House of Mice had been around then!
- Sherry of Dancing Circle makes beautiful dried flower wreaths in her studio.
- Nancy Pizarro and Andy Witt are the team behind Circa Ceramics, a line of pottery adorned with quirky modern graphics.