While it often feels like drudgery, cleaning our homes is a necessity of life. Fortunately, it's also a nearly free and relatively easy thing that each of us can do to feel instantly better in and about our homes—which isn't too say we want to spend any more time or effort on the task than we must! Here are 2015's best bits of advice for making our cleaning time as productive as possible.
Pick Up These Cleaning Habits
- 3 Secrets People Who Always Seem to Have a Flawlessly Clean House Know
- How To Set Up an Annual Home Maintenance Calendar
- A Kitchn Editor's Strategy for a Clean House That Lasts
- 5 No-Fail Tips for Uncluttered Counters All Year Long
- Your Cleanest Home Yet: 4 Just Possibly Life-Changing Habits to Adopt Today
Don't Forget to Clean These!
- 7 Things You Never Ever Clean (But Really Should at Some Point)
- Getting Rid of the Fugitive Filth I Was Harboring in my Kitchen
- The Things Everyone Should Clean Every Day (No Matter What)
- 20 Last Minute Ways to Make Your Home Look Guest-Ready (When It's Actually Kind of a Mess)
- A Spotless Home, 10 Seconds at a Time
Tricks of the Trade
- The Great Debate: Cloth or Paper Towels?
- 6 Smart Ways to Actually Use Orphan Socks
- The Ten Commandments of a Clean & Happy Fridge
- How To Get Your Bathroom Ready for Houseguests
- How To Keep Your Home Looking Clean Longer
- Curb Future Cleaning Clashes: A Trick to Keeping Rooms Cleaner and Households Happier