No matter which side of the bed you got up on this morning, chances are, you could probably use a little more shut eye. Today is the tenth annual World Sleep Day, an event intended to be a celebration of sleep and a call to action on important sleep related issues. We do our fair share of talking about snoozing around here, so today, we've rounded up our best tips for a better night's sleep.
Boost Your Bedroom
Don't let your space steal your sleep. There are things you can do to your bedroom to improve the quality of your shut eye. From clearing the clutter to finding the right pillow, here's our best advice for setting your space up for successful slumber.
- 9 Fixes For Common Reasons Why Your Bedroom's Not Working
- We Snooze-Tested Amazon's Top 5 Best-Selling Pillows...And Discovered the Perfect Pillow for All Types of Sleepers
- Annual Guide: The Best Cotton and Linen Duvet Covers
- How To Clean Your Mattress
- Five Thousand Years in Bed: A Brief History of Where We Sleep
- Make Your Bed at Home Like a 5-Star Hotel
- 11 Ways to Stay Cool On Summer Nights
Have Better Habits
Now that your bedroom is set up for better sleep, ditch those bad habits and add some good ones to improve your night (and ultimately, your day).
- 5 Bad Bed Habits Keeping You From A Happier, Healthier Life
- The Lazy Girl's Guide to Sleeping In: Tricks To Save Time in the Morning
- I Tried 3 Experiments to Break My Snooze Button Habit... and Only One Worked
- 5 Things To Do Before Bed Tonight to Have a Stress-Free Morning
- A Simple Nighttime Routine That'll Turn Anyone Into a Morning Person, Overnight
- This One Weird Trick Can Help You Fall Asleep
- I Tried the 4-7-8 Breathing Method to Fall Asleep...Here's What Happened
- How to Take Your Beauty Sleep to the Next Level
- Why You Should Keep a Notebook On Your Nightstand
Gadgets & Tech
When low-fi tips don't do the trick, here are some 21st century ways to get more sleep. The future is now.
- This Alarm Clock Wants to Train You to Sleep Better
- 4 Apps for Better Sleep
- "The Rock Clock" and 3 Other Absurd (and Free) Alarm Apps That Just Might Help You Wake Up
- Napflix Plays Boring Videos To Put You To Sleep
- Trouble Sleeping? Listen to This Boring-On-Purpose Podcast
Get Your Nap On
Not everyone can get a solid eight hours at night. If you find yourself with the chance to nap, here's how to make the most of it (and some weird but effective items that will let you sleep anywhere you might be).
- This Wearable Furniture Lets You Focus (Or Nap) In Public
- Here's How to Have the Perfect Nap, According to Science
- Hotel Creates a Duvet Suit Because Mondays
- Finally, Someone Made the Perfect Desk for Napping
- 5 Travel Pillows, In Order of Increasing Ridiculousness
- This Hammock Attaches to Your Desk for a Quick Nap