We've been curious about eco-friendly non-stick skillets for quite awhile now. So, when we saw that Cooks Illustrated was testing eight different brands, we were excited to see the results ...
We don't want to give anything away, so you should really read the whole article.
However, we will tell you this much: These are the brands they tested:
- Classicor Go Green Nonstick 11.5" Skillet
- Cuisinart GreenGourmet 12" Skillet with Helper Handle
- Demeyere-Resto 12.6" Ecoglide Frying Pan without Lid
- Earth Pan 12" Hard Anodized Skillet
- Greenpan Frypan 12.5"
- Scanpan Professional 12.25" Fry Pan
- Starfrit Alternative Eco Pan 11" Fry Pan
- Xtrema 10" Open Skillet
And, in the end, we felt gratified knowing that we're already cooking with the best-performing green skillet there is.
(Image: Flickr member kevinq2000 licensed for use under Creative Commons)