- 1) Michelle's first home is all her own. From the paint choices to the furniture to the potted plants, she designed the whole thing from scratch.
- 2) When Jenny and Clove moved from LA to NY, they set up a beautiful new space on a shoestring budget.
- 3) Dave craigslisted almost all of his old stuff, moved into a smaller space, and re-designed it to suit his new sense of style.
- 4) Professional organizer Laura downsized to 250 square feet. Luckily, she knows how to layout a new space to feel calm, collected, and well cared for.
- 5) When the Deaners moved from New York City to Rhode Island, they gained a lot of space, and spent some time customizing it for their family of three.
We're impressed and inspired by these fearless decorators. It's not easy to plan a space from the ground up, but it can be very liberating. How about you? Could you see yourself ever starting over from scratch?
Photos: Jill Slater, Jenny and Clove, Andrew Wehde, Jill Slater, Wes & Kayla Schwartz Republished from a post originally published 08.17.2010.