We're looking for a couple new bloggers to add to our editorial team! Do you think you might be a good fit? Jump below for all the details:
WHAT IT IS: A part-time, paid, freelance position for 2-3 posts per week.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR: Someone who thinks their home should be not only healthy and earth-friendly, but also beautiful; who believes that great green design is more than just the amount of recycled content in a given product; a great writer and photographer; someone who has the research and knowledge savvy to find cool new products, furniture, accessories, design ideas, and tips for the green home, and write about them in an engaging and smart way.
• excellent camera skills and a good eye for stellar images
• a strong style and design sense
• blog-style writing skills, both personal in tone and expedient in delivery
• a good writer, with solid grammar/spelling (no all-small-caps or endless ellipses)
• a reliable computer
• a reliable high speed internet connection
• a good digital camera, preferably DSLR (no camera phones)
• Photoshop or Photoshop Elements
• knowledge of how to use all these things
The link to the Application Form below will ask for the following information:
• Your name and contact information
• How long you have been reading Re-Nest
• Why you're a good fit for our site
• What types of things you're likely to write about
The form will also ask for 2 specific sample posts with text and pictures:
• Either a Green House Call OR a How To tutorial
• A Product or Style or Idea Roundup
House Call: Angie's 'Something Old, New, Borrowed, and Blue'
How To: How To Build an Ace Hotel-Inspired Plumbing Pipe Shelf and How To Clean Your Bathtub with a Grapefruit and Salt
Product/Style Roundup: Park It Here! Eco-Friendly Outdoor Tables and 10 Fantastic Wood Furniture Makers and Inspirational Small Spaces: Alternating Tread Stairs
Please submit posts written specifically for Re-Nest and not for another blog.
Please do not send links to pre-written online content; we want to see samples that reflect your understanding and focus for Re-Nest specifically.
Please be familiar with the types and topics of posts we already do on a regular basis, and try to offer something new. Use our archives of past posts as a guideline and style guide.
IMPORTANT: Re-Nest is about green living and design in and for the home specifically. We do not cover fashion, personal care, cars, celebrity, or recipes. (We leave the cooking to our sister site The Kitchn.) We support DIY and believe in repurposing; however, we also greatly value and appreciate beauty, and not everything can or should be upcycled.
We are most interested in adding more conscientious style and design content to the site, including specialty columns written by experts in a given field. We are not as interested in adding more repurposing, creative reuse, gardening, or craft content.
DEADLINE: July 31st at midnight PST (earlier is always appreciated!)
Please Note: Due to a scheduled maintenance 12am to 6am EST on Friday, July 29th and on Saturday July 30th, there may be a brief period of 30 minutes during this time when the application form is not accessible. To be on the safe side, we're recommend NOT submitting your application during this time, lest it accidentally get lost in transmission.
Thank you, and good luck!