Do you find yourself inexplicably drawn to the office supply aisle at the corner bodega? Yeah, us too. We used to think it was some sort of strange compulsion, but then we realized how far-reaching the uses of desk supplies can be. It turns out the gear cluttering up your desk drawers can be put to use in the kitchen, living room and even inside your refrigerator to get things done.
Are you trying to find a use for that drawer full of grade-school #2 pencils? Or maybe that bulk supply bucket of binder clips that was "such a bargain" from that warehouse market?
Think outside the office and put your gear to work in other rooms. Besides making use of previously idle supplies, re-purposing also saves you money since you're not shelling out dough for uni-taskers like wall-protector pads or bottle organizers.
We've found a bunch of great ideas from all over the web for re-using your office supplies. Did you know that you could use...
- An Eraser as All-Purpose Cleaner?
- Binder Clips as Picture Frames?
- Binder Clips as Fridge Organizers?
- Post-It Notes as Drill Dust Catchers?
- A File Sorter as a Kitchen Organizer?
- Name Tags as Food Spread Labels?
- A Mouse Pad as a Trivet?
- A Mouse Pad as a Jar Opener?
- A Paper Clip Dispenser as a Bobby Pin Holder?
- A Cut-Off Pencil Eraser as a Wall Protector?