We remember, as kids, making ice cream with our mom with an old fashioned hand churning apparatus. While it worked our biceps, we'd much rather take advantage of what technology has to offer now. These days, most kitchen appliance manufacturers -- Cuisinart, KitchenAid, and Hamilton Beach -- have engineered electric ice cream makers, some of which ditch the need for rock salt and ice. We rounded up 10 of the cutest offerings we could find on the web. Have any of you given any of theses a whirl?
- Nostalgia Electrics 4-Quart Plastic Bucket Ice Cream Maker: Fill the plastic bucket with ice, dump your ingredients into the aluminum canister within and watch the electric motor do the rest.
- Cuisinart Pink Mix It In Soft Serve Ice Cream Maker: Once this machine finishes making your soft serve, yogurt, sorbet or sherbet you can sprinkle on extras from one of the three built-in condiment dispensers. The pink color means proceeds go to breast cancer research.
- Hamilton Beach Half Pint Soft-Serve Ice Cream Maker: Make single serve ice cream in six to 12 minutes right in the bowl you're going to eat it out of!
- Cuisinart Classic Ice Cream Machine: These electric mixers come in five bright colors.
- Rival 6-Quart Oval Electric Ice Cream Maker: Have the Rival churn six quarts of ice cream for you in its bright plastic bucket.
- Classic Electric/Crank Ice Cream Maker: Go old school and hand crank your way to delicious ice cream or plug it in and hit the gym before it's done.
- KitchenAid Stand Mixer Ice Cream Maker Attachment: Turn your KitchenAid mixer into an ice cream machine with this add-on.
- Helman Nostalgia Electrics Old Fashioned Carnival Soft Serve Ice Cream Maker: How adorable is this guy? Perfect for a carnival themed party in the backyard!
- Cuisinart ICE-35 2-Quart Wooden Ice Cream Maker: Traditional style exterior with modern guts.
- Deni Automatic Ice Cream Maker: Ingredients freeze within a half hour, plus you can use this to make frozen cocktails!
Once you get your ice cream maker check out these recipes from the Kitchn.