Not only is Mother's Day a time to celebrate and thank all the wonderful moms in your life but it's also a great excuse to host and style a beautiful spring brunch. Setting up a gorgeous table shows your guests how special they are and makes an event that much more memorable (and provides lots of great photo opps!). With the Spring season, there's no shortage of colorful inspiration. Whether you're hosting a full meal, passing some snacks or having a tea party, here are 15 great ideas you can make yourself to decorate your table.
Sometimes we have good intentions to set a lovely table then the whole shopping, cooking, cleaning thing can get in the way. I've learned from experience that it works best when you plan ahead. Try setting the table a day or two in advance (minus the fresh flowers of course). It's something you can check off your list well in advance.
1. Personalize name settings using family photos, seen on Sugar and Charm.
2. Create a beautiful table runner from vintage or thrifted doilies, from Chatelaine.
3. Create a fresh flower sign for MOM like this one from Urbanic Paper.
4. Think outside the box and create a colorful vase from plastic spoons! Tutorial by All You.
5. Make ordinary tea bags into pretty spring blooms with this project from Julep by Minted
6. Create some pretty decor like this paper flower garland by High Walls.
7. Use these great free printables from The Alison Show for some fun and modern decor.
8. Some edible flower ice cubes will turn every glass of water into a mini floral arrangement, spotted on Edina Roney.
9. Make a big statement with some enlarged family photos like this brunch featured on The Kitchn.
10. Create some simple but personalized photo centerpieces that can also go home as gifts with your guest, seen on Better Homes & Gardens.
11. Create a sweet flower arrangement using elements you can easily collect like this one from A Pretty Cool Life.
12. A pretty and sophisticated flower arrangement using old botanical prints is lovely, seen on Better Homes & Gardens.
13. Get the kids involved and create a fingerprint table runner, tutorial on HGTV.
14. Dye some paper doilies for an easy and inexpensive way to add some color to your tea party table, from Intimate Weddings.
15. Add a touch of modern design and color by creating your own frosted dipped looking glasses, by Vicky Barone.