Planning any fun trips this summer? Are you taking any gadgets with you? Whether you're taking a road trip, cross-country plane ride or headed overseas, we've got some tips to keep your tech happy, healthy and safe.
- Be careful with tech in the car, of course. But if you want to stay connected on the road, do it in style. A cup-holder-mounted laptop tray makes those rest-stop-Facebook-checks easy and convenient. Oh, and don'f for get to update Foursquare.
- After 3 days and 2,000 miles, it would stink to pull into a hotel and realize you've forgotten your phone charger. Good thing you read Unplggd and know about our tip to head down to the front desk. They've likely got a box full of chargers for every phone—it's the number one item left behind in hotel rooms.
- Make sure you've got all the accessories you need—with all the right ports and settings. This laptop essentials kit should keep you covered.
- Make sure you're up to speed on all of the plugs and sockets where you're going with this guide.
- Remove any files from your computer that might look fishy to custom's agents—they're allowed to reasonably search anything that crosses their borders, including your hard drive. And don't forget to bring some proof of ownership: If you've got a new-ish laptop, you might have to prove you didn't buy it overseas if you want to avoid a duty tax.