Vintage yardsticks aren't just used as mere measuring tools or straight edges today. With their great markings, color and repetition they make for incredible upcycling tools and can be seen throughout contemporary DIY decor.
I love the look of a used, marked up, vintage yardstick; they just hold so much character. Here are some ways that they have been used to enhance decor in interesting and nostalgic ways.
1. Sew Dang Cute Crafts brings us a pretty impressive before/after yardstick buffet table.
2. This sweet little yardstick organizer was originally sold at Pottery Barn a while back, but Gina replicates it a little differently at Lady Goats.
3. Inoui Design Collective created these great stair risers for their studio in Canada.
4. HGTV shows us how to re-create this easy yardstick clip-art rail.
5. Here is a great DIY yardstick backsplash via Ashley Ann Photography.
1. Check out this thrift store side-table before/after via Patina White.
2. This DIY Starburst Mirror comes with a step-by-step tutorial via Made By Stephie.
3. This pendant lamp is available through Roost Living or as a fairly straight forward DIY project as presented via Design Sponge.
Images: As linked above