One of the best parts about conducting House Tours (next to meeting the wonderfully creative home owners and seeing their killer pads) is playing with the pets! As we wrap up 2010, we wanted to share some of our favorite canines who really hammed it up for the camera.
Pets always make for exciting house tours because they add an element of unpredictability. Dogs especially know how to make visitors feel welcome and are always there to break the ice as we photograph their living spaces. It’s been a blast plopping them on chairs and coaxing them up stairs with treats in the name of a good picture, but they aren’t always so acquiescent. In fact, with all the pictures of surprise wagging tails that make it into the frame or smudged lenses from wet doggy noses, the collection of outtakes is almost worth a roundup in itself! Check out these ten great shots of pups who made us feel right at home this year.
1. Gracie - Emily & Erick's Modern Eclectic British Eccentric Bungalow
2. Larry - Ed's Lofty Brooklyn Industrial
3. Teak & Lady - Ashley & Robert's Streamlined Bohemian
4. Virgil & Zito - Alexis and Rob's BoMo House in the Hills
5. Bunny - Kelly & Greg's Chez Glamouramous
6. Walker & Sadie - Ralph & Drew's Comfortably Current Townhome
7. Peaches - The Wheelers' Fresh Eclectic Home
8. Ripley - JV & Joe's Jazzy Pad
9. Henry - 3 Girls & a Pug Share a Lakeview Apartment
10. The Amazing Service Dog! - A House-Wide Cabinet of Curiosities
Images: as linked above