2) Enlist a friend who will encourage you, keep you on track and help you manage your daily organizing goals. When it seems too much, this person will remind you "...only 4 more minutes to go to clean this area out." Working with a friend or partner makes a huge difference.
3) If you have a ton of stuff (yes, simply stuff) lying around, get some boxes and categorize them. Dedicate a bookcase or closet area for these boxes and stack them in an organized manner. Next time you are looking for a lightbulb or the manual for the dvd player, you'll know exactly where to look.
4) Need a place to hang things that you don't want to forget about (like bills, pictures of family or invitations), why not try hanging carpet floor tiles on the wall? These days, companies like Flor, offer a variety of colors + selections to choose from. A little double-sided tape and you can adhere these fun tiles to your wall in any size and shape you want.
5) Home swap with your friends. Ok , not your literal homes but the things inside. Professional organizers often create categories - Donate, Trash, Keep - so it's easy to place your things in the one that works for you. Create a Home Life Swap category. Pick a location, invite a a few friends and swap goods. Anything left over - donate.
6) Think about how much you value yourself. Your home is a reflection of where you are in life at the moment so look around your space. Do you have clothes on the floor, a dirty kitchen, a messy space? If this is the case, maybe your own emotional state is also feeling overwhelmed. Take the time to reflect on your home and your mind.
Check out more organizational tips from Apartment Therapy here: