Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Seattle, WA
- United States
- What do you love about your bedroom?:
- I love my bedrooms to have dark walls. It is soothing, sexy and intimate. I particularly enjoy the way candlelight is muted against a matte black wall. It makes every night feel exotic and special, a very welcome retreat after long days spent with our newborn, toddler and menagerie of pets!
- What are your tips for creating a beautiful, healthy and organized bedroom?
- Understanding your own habits will help you make the most of your space. There is no need to strive for magazine minimalism if you need a side table for your glasses, but it should still be simple and clutter free. You want your eye to fall on things that you love, not reminders of things to do tomorrow. Ultimately, if you only bring into your room things that you truly love, not just pieces that will work, your bedroom will be a place of rest and rejuvenation.
- In modern homes, bedrooms have become more than just a place to sleep; they can be a retreat, a home office, a library, a relaxation zone. What are some ways you make the most of your bedroom?
- Bedrooms are our escape from the world and should feature the things that give us the most simple pleasures and help us turn "off" and truly rest. For me bedrooms always need: a sinfully comfortable bed with lots of blankets, pillows and high quality bedding, music, a calming scent that refreshes and soothes (I prefer frankincense,) candles and books.
See all entries
More posts in this series
My Bedroom Retreat