If you live in the city where space is at a premium, choosing a workout that works in a small space can be tricky. Treadmills and other machines tend to have a large footprint and, generally speaking, are an eyesore. Exercise that depends instead on body weight tends to be easier to do at home, perhaps explaining why Yoga and Pilates are so popular in urban areas. Here are a few accessories to help you get into shape without sacrificing style (or floor space).
1. Giam’s yoga mats are well known for being cushy, an added bonus on wood floors. The soothing shades of blue in this mat and the subtle pattern evoke the ocean. $22
2. Hydration is important and the stylish Kor One Vessel will have you reaching for your water whether you are working out indoors or out. $30
3. If you don’t love the look of your yoga mat rolled up in a corner you can cover it up (and tote it around) in the beautifully patterned Prana Sari Yoga Bag. $35
4. The Bamboo Yoga Block is subtle enough to blend in and is a great aid for advanced poses. $15
5. Instead of collecting DVD’s which can create visual clutter, you can subscribe to classes online via yogavibes.com (where you can purchase by the class or subscribe for unlimited access - $10-$25) or choose from the selection on the Netflix streaming plan ($8).