Nature walks are great, but sometimes the little ones have a bit more energy to burn off. So, before you send them out next time, here are five ideas that will hopefully lead to a great night's sleep for you.
• What's cooler than having your own Zip Line? Sorry parents, the weight limit is 100 pounds.
• It's a classic: the jumping rope. You can have them count as they jump and see how many consecutive jumps they can do. We like this jump rope from Green Toys.
• Set up an obstacle course. This can be tailored to the age of your child, and you can change things up easily to keep it interesting or make it more or less challenging. (Image: Oriental Trading Co.)
• A simple game of tag will do, but if you're having an evening barbecue or gathering, give this version with a flashlight a try.
• Don't forget about the always versatile hula hoop. Older kids can actually practice, and younger toddlers will still love stepping in and out and watching it roll on its side. You can also use this in your obstacle course! (Image: Green Baby Guide)