Name: Zoe Isobel (4)
Location: The Netherlands
This is my first space where all the decisions were down to us girls. My daughter just turned four which means we had already updated her nursery to a little girl's space. That coupled with a divorce made it extra important to make this a space that she wanted to be in. She helped choose and approve each piece and loves it.
Actually it's the favorite in the neighborhood helping her makes some friends. They line up and take turns on the swing while her little brother slides and the rest cook. It's great for playing, sleeping and just hanging out. By herself, with her brother or all the neighbor kids.
My daughter and I call this her pretty pink pad and we love it!
- The lamp was a DIY, sourced from parts from Holland, Spain and Belgium.
- Each piece of art was picked by my daughter, also from around the globe including the US.
- Not every little girl has a swing, mine does and she reaches for the sky. Nor have a suitcase cushion to rest on, mine does. In pink ,of course.
- There's no fussing about clothes selection, or the nighttime reading. Everything is reachable for her thanks to our favorite spot—IKEA.
- Like every space in our home, nothing is expensive, there is lots of reuse, but tons of love. Who said design can't be accessible, budget and child friendly?
Thanks, Lisa! Readers, visit Lisa at Designed Life.
• MY ROOM ARCHIVE
• SUBMIT A BABY OR KID'S SPACE
(Image credits: Designed Life)