Welcome to "The A Line"! In every episode of this new video series, we visit two homes that have an identical floorplan - and see how its inhabitants use the same space in different ways.
→ Episode 4 of The A Line: Living Room vs. Dining Room-Centered Floor Plan
Today we travel to Prospect Heights, Brooklyn, where two growing families struggle to adapt their space and make room for their changing lifestyles.
Ana and her husband have two kids and have chosen to live in their space for a while before they decide what renovations to make. Molly and John have three children and have lived in exactly the same floor plan (but across the hall) for twice as long, making some major renovations: they've opened up the kitchen, closed off a bedroom for the children on the second floor, and created hidden storage units all over the apartment. See how each space compares and hear from two families firsthand what they love about how the other has arranged exactly the same space.
At Apartment Therapy, we believe good ideas really are everywhere. And sometimes? The best ideas for your space - are right over your head.
Check out the House Tours for these two homes, too:
More Homes on Video:
- The A Line Episode 2: Bachelor Pad vs. Couple's First Home
- The A Line @ The Cherokee: One Floorplan, Two Apartments
- Video: Michael, Kerri & Nora's Alternative Family Home in Brooklyn
- 300 Sq Foot Transformation: Matt's Video House Tour
- Video: Jessica & Milo Living Large in a Small Space
- Video: Natasha & Rob's Super Smart Small Space
• More Videos: Subscribe to Our Youtube Channel! We post new videos of real inspiring spaces and smart tips every Tuesday at 1pm.