Project by: Kiera Kushlan & Jessica Centella
Location: Washington, D.C.
Mom and Dad wanted us to create a gender neutral nursery that could be used for either a boy or girl. They wanted a space that was light and bright but at the same time calming. We used a neutral color palette so the room wasn't gender specific but also so the new parents and baby had a calm environment to relax and play in. Mom and Dad really wanted the space to grow with baby so they requested all of the major items be usable as their little one transitioned from baby to toddler. To make sure the room didn't scream "nursery" we paired essential baby elements like the crib and glider with more grown up items like the oriental rug and vintage dresser.
- Paint Color Wall: Benjamin Moore Decorators White
- Paint Color Ceiling: Benjamin Moore Gray Mist
- Rug: Anthropolgie
- Crib: Pottery Barn
- Sheets: Aden & Anais
- Dresser: Martha Leone Designs
- Changer Top: Land of Nod
- Glider/Ottoman: Room and Board
- Elephant Side Table: Dot & Bo
- Dr Seuss Poster: Etsy
- Elephant Photograph: Etsy
- Mobile: Etsy
- Bookcase: West Elm
- Mirror: Wayfair
- Table Lamp: Anthropologie
- Chandelier: Anthropologie
- Baskets: Connected Artisans
- Roman Shades: The Shade Store
- Animal Rocker: RH Baby & Child
Thanks, Kiera Kushlan & Jessica Centella !
• Are you a designer/architect/decorator interested in sharing a residential project with Apartment Therapy readers? Contact the editors through our Professional Project Submission Form.