LA Home Round-up
- A Modern dream come true buying one of Pierre Koenig’s case study houses insures a call from the architect asking you not to change anything. And why would you?
- Built around a family’s faith In Hancock Park, an Orthodox Jewish family wires their home to help them observe the Sabbath.
- Switching to Sabbath mode A feature called “Sabbath mode” is increasingly being embedded in ovens, stoves and refrigerators to disable the automatic displays that get in the way of the Sabbath prohibition on using electricity.
- Pull open a chair Once considered the ugly duckling for latecomers and unexpected guests, the folding chair is starting to get some style.
- Playing with fire Fusing a disconnected community of artists, there will be an evening of glass blowing demonstrations on Saturday in Santa Ana.
- Our kind of summer reading Forget beach books. Sit down with a stack of seed catalogs and dream of your harvest this fall and winter.
- Man of the house A visit to the high-rent district of Dodger stadium… a guy could get used to this.
- Sometimes you can go home again We all may want to run, but LA pulls many of us right back.
Published: Aug 4, 2005