LA TIMES HOME ROUND-UP
- All the essential elements Architect Jennifer Luce gives this family what they wanted with lots of steel and other raw materials butt up against their Pacific coast view.
- Sound and fury in the garden It’s true, the sounds of the leaf blowers are enough to make you want to mulch everything. Here are some practical ideas for growing plants that dont need as much noise to grow.
- Dorm room boom More and more students are wanting their dorm rooms to reflect their “livin’ large” lifestyle, even if they have to share a bathroom with the entire floor.
- The power and the glory After decades of denial, people are starting to put a little religion back in their decor… or at least are starting to feel proud about it again.
- Man of the house-even the beaches are blond Taking a trip to the land where Barbie looks, well, normal.
- Playing with interior angles New York’s Cooper-Hewitt, National Design Museum and Parsons have teamed up to create a new way to play with decorating a room. (http://www.ndm.si.edu/GAMES/index.html).
- Rugs, alfresco Thanks to Sandy Chilewich, people are seeing the possibilities in the outdoor rug being more than just Astro Turf.
- Pages of rainbow inspiration A book of color choices that helps take the guess work out of “what to paint the kitchen”.
- Redoing that split level On line book with tips for splits.
Published: Aug 18, 2005