As a graduate student and freelance designer, I take a LOT of notes. Finding the right apps to use for note taking is essential, as I've discovered not all note taking apps are created equal while done on a tablet. Some incorporate audio recording or the ability to add sketches alongside text, several which I've gathered and believe are well worth the cost of a fancy latte to download...
1. Paper (iPad), Free.
2. Daedalus Touch (iOS), $4.99.
3. Evernote (Windows 8, Android & iOS), Free.
4. GoodNotes (iPad), Free & $5.99.
5. Google Keep (Android), Free.
6. Drafts (iPad), $3.99.
7. Simplenote (Android & iOS), Free.
8. Concepts: Smarter Sketching (iPad), Free.
9. Werdsmith (iOS), Free.
10. Note Sphere (Windows 8), Free.
(Image 1: Joelle Alcaidinho, all others as linked above)
Apartment Therapy supports our readers with carefully chosen product recommendations to improve life at home. You support us through our independently chosen links, many of which earn us a commission.