After waking up with terrible back pain yet again, thanks to a day spent working from the couch, I was more than inspired to research ergonomic task chairs. With a variety of price points, I discovered task chairs available for nearly any budget. It's often said it's fine to pinch when it comes to everything but your task chair if you plan to work from a desk more than a few minutes daily, not only for productivity, but also your longterm health...
Just remember, choosing a task chair is not a one-size fits all process. Be sure to try-on any chair in person at a showroom or store. Make sure it's the right height, and be sure to consider the three rules of ergonomics before you commit to a possible long term relationship between your backside and a chair: fit for the user, fit for the task, and flexibility of movement while seated.
- Knoll Generation, $899+
- Humanscale Freedom with Headrest, $1335+
- Haworth Zody, $1065+
- Steelcase Leap, $889+
- Herman Miller Aeron, $829+
- Herman Miller SAYL, $449+
- Crate & Barrel Ripple Black Leather Office Chair, $299
- CB2 Bubble Camel Leather Office Chair, $199
- PB Teen Painted Dot Airgo Chair, $169
- Container Store Black Bungee Office Chair, $139
MORE TASK CHAIRS ON APARTMENT THERAPY:
(Images: all image credit as linked)