Beautiful? Yes. But brick walls can be a total pain. If they're not birthing centipedes or crumbling into your hands, they're standing there mocking you as you try to anchor shelves into them. But somehow, all the work seems worth it when you check out these gorgeous brick-walled workspaces from around the web.
It's no surprise that brick walls work well in a home office. The contrast of antique stone and shiny metals gives your space tons of interest and pulls off the whole vintage-modern vibe.
If you've got brick in your place, get inspired by one of these spaces.
- Brick meets drywall to give this combination media room & office some separation in limonada's NYC home.
- This room, from the portfolio of Design Star contestant Michael Moeller, not only features a great Mac-to-brick contrast, but a stellar use of creative & decorative cord control.
- This workspace, from Oscar Quetlas, mixes aluminum, glass and brick to create a multi-dimensional space.
- This office, featured on NewHouseOfArt.com, pulls off a whimsical vibe thanks to painted brick and bright pops of color. The tech stays all white in this space.
- Even though it can be a busy and distracting pattern, you can still get a calming office with creative lighting, like in this shot from Flickr member stillframe.
- Joymich's brick wall lines her entire loft space, but it still lends a cool contrast against her home office, backed up to the living room's sofa.
- Just because you have warm brick in your office doesn't mean you can't go after bright furnishings, like this fire-engine red desk in this office from Decoarchive.
- Stoneline Designs created this office suite to match a brick home office: A writing desk, credenza and hutch featuring brushed steel and dark wenge stained wood.
- Silverfox09 mixes brick, wood and the great outdoors in this home office nook.
- Need to add some color to your neutral brick-and-metal office? Try an accent wall, like Flickr member adamb_2006.