Layer up my friends. Accessories that you can easily don, then remove, are what get you through the transitional weather this time of year. These ten DIY scarves are easy to make and will cradle your neck in style...
1. Above, a "blanket" scarf from Zevy Joy. To make it , all you need is a couple yards of plaid flannel and a seam ripper.
2. Almost Makes Perfect created this super sophisticated black and white no-sew scarf from some craft foam and fabric paint.
3. Part of this scarf's appeal is the green and gold color combo, but the heart-shaped stamp pattern is adorable too. Tutorial from Lazy Saturdays.
4. This scarf, from Wiebke & Lara, is good for either girls or boys. It's made from cozy flannel, leather details, and snaps to keep it secure around your neck.
5. From PurlBee comes this super long cowl scarf, trimmed with pom poms. Layer multiples if you like.
6. This candy cane-striped scarf, from Mr. Kate, is made from old t-shirts. Use scissors to cut one up, then braid your way into a new colorful accessory.
7. If you can knit, check out this pattern from PurlBee. If you can't consider sewing fringe in a contrasting color onto an existing scarf.
8. If heart stamps didn't do it for you, a custom made kitty pattern is pretty great too. This one is from Adventures in Making.
9. DesignSponge shows how to make this quilted scarf in indigo and white, with ombre stitching.
10. If you find yourself some lace curtains at the thrift store, try this infinity scarf from Planting Sequoias.