Your entryway isn't just a place to toss your keys and jacket at the end of a long day — it's your home's first impression, the very first thing you (or your guests) will see when setting foot inside. So you want it to look nice, and maybe if it's looked nice in the same way for a long time, you want to spruce it up a little bit so you get a nice little burst of new when walking in the door. Here are ten fresh ideas.
2. Shake up your look with an oversized mirror.
Create a lot of drama in a little space by placing a mirror behind a a console table, as in this space from Lonny.
3. Paint an accent wall.
Like this one in a home from Emmas Designblogg.
4. Create a changeable display of art on top of your entry table.
Smaller pieces, propped on top of a table, can be changed out when the impulse strikes. From Lonny.
5. Or make a big statement with a single oversized piece.
As in this interior by Jeff Andrews.
6. Create an unusual effect by only painting the bottom half of the room.
Easier than an accent wall. Spotted on Design Sponge.
7. Or paint a table in a funky, eye-catching color.
Like this one from The Sweet Beast Blog.
8. Paint the inside of your door.
Glossy black is especially striking in a Chicago home from The Everygirl.
9. If painting the door isn't an option, why not hang a few pieces of art on it?
Children's artwork spruces up a door in a home from Design Sponge.
10. Add vintage paintings for a quirky touch.
I especially like the one small painting hanging about the door — a nice little see-you-later for whenever you leave the house. From Lonny.