14 Green Gifts Under $25
Times are tough, and we’re all trying to cut back a little bit. Thankfully, there are many wonderful, eco-friendly gifts to be had for under $25. See a few of our picks below.
1. Handcrafted Wooden Accessories from Live Wire Farm ($10-25): Each one of the spoons, candle holders, and napkin rings are completely natural, unique, and made to last a lifetime.
2. To-Go Ware 3 Tier Stainless Lunch Box ($21.95): this is such a great lunch box. Non-leaching stainless steel is easy to carry and clean, and can also be used as a hot plate.
3. 2010 Eco Desk Calendar ($21.95): love this calendar set! The 12 different illustrated months are printed on 100% recycled PCW, chlorine free papers, and they come with a reusable wood block holder made of reclaimed lumber with a special place for your stray pencil. The best part? You can mail back your used pages to the studio to be recycled and to get a coupon for next year’s refill.
4. Organic Cotton Napkins ($25): Not only are cloth napkins better for the environment, but they always make a dinner feel extra special, even if there’s no occasion to celebrate. Get these in wine or plum for a bright pop of color.
5. Set of 4 Credo Produce Bags ($19.95): instead of the plastic produce bags people typically use once and then toss when their lettuce is gone, these produce bags can be reused again and again at the grocery store or farmers’ market. Made of 100% organic cotton mesh, the come in packs of four.
6. St. Basil’s Bottle Stopper ($25): This stopper was turned from a piece of wood from a fallen apple tree and finished with a non-toxic environmentally friendly wax. It has a lovely grain pattern – ripples and swirls and a great sapwood line. A great gift for a wine lover!
8. Foldable, Eco-Friendly Audio Speakers from OrigAudio ($16): recyclable, foldable speakers that are self-powered, super-lightweight, and super affordable. What could be better?
9. Green Garmento Eco-Friendly Drycleaning Bag ($9.99): this reusable garment bag has three uses: at home, it’s a hanging hamper; on your trip to the dry-cleaner, it becomes a duffel bag; and at pick-up, it transforms into a hanging garment bag so your dry-cleaned clothes will be hanging and protected. No more wire hangers and awful plastic dry cleaning bags!
10. Bambu Lacquerware Bowls ($11-14): we’ve always loved the look of these bowls. Each piece is hand coiled, shaped and finished with food-safe natural lacquer that’s beautiful and durable.
11. Mini Mobile Devices Charger ($22): Small enough to keep in your pocket, this Lithium ion back up charger works with a variety of portable electronic devices including (but not limited to) cell phones, MP3 players, iPhones, iPods, smart phones, PDA’s, Blackberry, and Bluetooth devices. Both the product and the batteries are rechargeable (it can be used over 1,000 times!), and lithium and NiMH batteries do not contain heavy materials such as mercury and so aren’t considered hazardous waste.
12. 6 Stainless Steel Straws ($18): there’s something about drinking from a straw that brings out the kid in all of us. Give it an eco-friendly upgrade with reusable and washable stainless steel.
13. Set of 3 Linen Lavendar Sachets ($15): Lavender is a relaxing and pleasing scent for most people. These sachets are made from 100% linen and filled with lavender and a bit of flax seed. They make great gifts because they’re simple and can be used for many things, from freshening your laundry and your linen closet, to helping you relax and fall asleep at night.
14. Reusable Fabric Gift Wrap from Chewing the Cud ($10): whatever your gift is, wrap it in a reusable fabric cloth and suddenly you have two gifts in one.
Best Green Gifts 2009:
• 10 Green Gifts for the Cook
• 10 Green Cleaning Gifts
• 10 Green Gifts for the Bookworm
• 10 Green Gifts Under $50
• 10 Green Gifts for the Home Renovator
• 10 Green Gifts for Good Causes
• 10 Green Gifts for the Outdoors Lover
• 10 Green Gifts for the Artist, Crafter, or DIY’er
• 10 Green Gadget Gifts for the Techie