Load Up One of These 10 Life Skill Enhancing Apps for the Weekend
Learning new skills, whether how to fix and repair things, cook, or even create something out of raw materials is always a worthy endeavor. And if there’s anything a tablet is well suited for, it’s being used as a portable reference device, perfect to keep at arms length while learning something new…
1. Snapguide (iOS), Free. Learn how to: make an array of items for the home like planters, phone accessories, and baked goods with easy step-by-step visuals.
2. Piano Infinity (iOS), Free. Learn how to: play the piano using just one hand (beginner) or two hands (expert), with an array of keyboard instrument sounds to choose from.
3. Duolingo (Android & iOS), Free. Learn how to: speak Spanish, French, German, Portuguese, Italian, or English with both visual and audio aids, all without fees or ads.
4. iFixit: Repair Manual (Android & iOS), Free. Learn how to: fix almost every piece of technology in your life, including repairing the XBox Red Ring of Death or even mending clothing. Great troubleshooting reference to keep around the house.
5. Chess with Coach (iOS), Free & $9.99. Learn how to: play chess or improve your game with the in-app coaching.
6. iTunes U (iOS), Free. Learn: pretty much anything, with over 600,000 free lectures from top universities.
7. Craftsy (iOS), Free. Learn how to: make a wide variety of craft items, including knitwear and couture clothing.
8. How to Draw (iOS), Free. Learn how to: improve your drawing skills through watching the 18 video tutorials.
9. Piano Time (Windows 8), Free. Learn how to: play the piano with 36 visible keys, 4 selectable octaves and a metronome for timing. Bonus, you’ll also be able to record and playback the songs that you learn and create in the app.
10. Beautylish (Android & iOS), Free. Learn how to: get fancy with styling your hair, doing your makeup and nails with step-by-step tutorial videos.
(Images: all image credit as linked above)