Margaritas certainly hog a lot of our attention in the summer months, but as soon as the weather starts to get a bit chilly, we turn to our old standby drink: whiskey. Of course, such a drink can't be respectfully consumed from just any old glass; we like highballs for our whiskey cocktails.
The highball glass doesn't get nearly enough attention in our opinions. Sure, wine glasses are good for their purpose, and champagne flutes are fun and novel, but a good set of highball glasses lets guests know you are serious about your cocktails and know how to entertain. The highball glass (and its cousin, the old-fashioned or "rocks" glass) is a study in modern simplicity.
Normally a glass with a flat base and a slim, round shape, this type of drinkware comes in a number of styles from simple to colorful and everything in between. In a pinch, a fun-looking juice or tumbler glass would do, but treat yourself and your cocktails right by indulging in a good set this year. We've found ten we wouldn't mind drinking a Ginger Whiskey out of.
1) Crate&Barrel Granada 19 oz. Highball $6.95
2) CB2 Tambien Smoke Barware $3.50 - $3.95
3) Crate&Barrel Cue 18oz. Highball Glass $2.95
4) Miller Rogaska by Reed & Barton Crystal Soho Highball Glasses set of 4 $50
5) Crate&Barrel Dexter 19 oz. Highball Glass $5.95
6) Bed, Bath and Beyond Facet Amber Drinkware $20
7) Bodum ASSAM Double Wall Tumbler $18.95
8) Crate&Barrel Direction 12 oz. Highball Glass $9.95
9) Riedel Glassworks Nachtmann Vivendi Glass set of 6 $45
10) Anthropologie Opalescent Tumbler $12