10 Must-Have Essentials for a Well Stocked Housecleaning Kit
If you are moving into a new space, hopefully it has been professionally cleaned, and now the trick is to keep it up. Starting off the move with a kit of new cleaning supplies is the best way to kick things off — here are our top 10 essentials.
1. Start off with an open storage container, like this cleaning caddy from Container Store.
Follow Topics for more like this
Follow for more stories like this
2. I can’t get enough of the Method cleaning products, and their all-purpose lavender scented surface cleaner is my favorite all-around product for any surface. From Target
3. Every home has glass surfaces, and Windex is a must have.
4. A natural and fresh scented alternative to harsh scrubs is Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day Surface Scrub.
5. One of my favorite inventions to combat dust in recent years is Swiffer sweeper wipes. From Swiffer.
6. Throw one of these cheap, cheerful dustpans in your cart while shopping for moving essentials at IKEA.
7. A new toilet brush is a necessity for a new place, as no one wants to move an old grimy one. For a fresh start, give a toilet wand with flushable wipes a try. From Ace Hardware.
8. A daily shower cleaner is one way to keep a shower looking fresh, and the Method Daily Shower cleaner will help make scrubbing less of a chore.
9. One specialty cleaner that often gets forgotten, but will help with sticky touch ups is Goo Gone.
10. Mr. Clean Magic Eraser should be number one on the list, especially after moving, as this tool magically removes scuff marks from walls and furniture.
(Images: as credited above)