10 Great New Microwaves
What recent innovations have happened in microwave design? Are the microwaves available to us in 2010 really that much better than those for sale in 2000? Since we all have different sized kitchens to work with, we selected microwaves in a variety of sizes. Take a look at our 10 picks for microwaves we think contain some great tech.
- Dacor Millennia Microwave In-A-Drawer has a space saving design that also make it a possibility to install the unit not only under the counter but right above or below a wall oven. Perfect for space efficiency and a less cluttered kitchen appearance.
- Whirlpool VT266 has a special Crisp System for evenly crisp cooking results and steam function for healthy and better tasting meals in addition to the revolutionary 3D emission system for completely even microwave energy distribution. This device also has Jet Defrost for incredibly fast defrosting, up to 5 times faster than a conventional microwave.
- GE JVM1665SNSS offers three different grilling options to let you prepare burgers, pork chops, and chicken breasts. No word on how well it grills veggies. In addition to the grilling options, there are three defrost options-Auto Defrost, Time Defrost and Fast Defrost to provide quick, even results.
- Daewoo KOC8H4TSL is 20 inches wide and hosts a variety of cooking modes including microwave, grill, convection with preheat, traditional convection, microwave and convection combination, weight defrost, time defrost, auto cook and speedy cook.
- Whirlpool GH7208XRS contains G2Max® SpeedCook technology and is a convection oven, microwave, and steamer all in one. For easier cleanups it also contains the industry’s First CleanRelease® non-stick interior coating.
- iWave Cube is according to the manufacturer, the world’s smallest and first personal microwave. The iWavecube takes up less than one cubic foot of space and weighs about 12 pounds and claims to be quite portable.
- Panasonic NN-SD688S contains Inverter technology, a variable heating/power microwave system (normally microwaves use on and off states to adjust cooking levels instead of adjusting the actual power). This results in more even cooking and a wider range of foods to be cooked using the microwave.
- De Dietrich DME795X features the Intelligent Control System which offers fully automatic cooking with 10 pre-programmed options. This microwave ensures homogeneous cooking via the diamond shaped diffuser with 4 wave entries. One of the things we really like about this microwave is its animated touch-sensitive temperature controls with programmer, they make for quite an attractive display that complement the design of this appliance.
- Sharp R-1514 has a clean design with the Auto-Touch™ Control Panel located behind the oven door, keeping the exterior looking simple and modern.
- LG LMV2083ST has Sensor Cook technology which is a pretty neat intelligent system that takes the guesswork out of microwave cooking. Humidity-sensing technology adjusts cooking time and power appropriately. When your food is thoroughly cooked, the microwave shuts itself off, reducing the risk of under- or over-cooking.