As far as we can tell, 2011 is the year of online shopping... at least for hopefuls that are diving into the ever more crowded pool of members-only flash sale sites like Gilt, One Kings Lane, and Eziba. Here are five focused on home decor, all of which celebrated their launches in the past few months (or have yet to launch).
- Joss & Main: Parent company CSN Stores launched Joss & Main in January 2011. The focus is on 72-hour home and lifestyle flash sales with discounts ranging between 25% and 70% off retail.
- Fab.com: This site hasn't yet launched, but pre-launch registration is available. Founded by CEO Jason Goldberg, it has a younger, hipper, mod edge. From their blog: "The all new fab.com will feature daily design inspirations for everyone, including daily 50% discounts on 'wow' products from leading manufacturers."
- The Foundary: Hayneedle — the huge network of affordable furniture websites — recently launched this members-only site, which hosts 72-hour sales on furniture and home decor. While Hayneedle's aesthetic is more mainstream and no-frills, the Foundary markets itself with brand names and a trendier look.
- RedNook: This new members-only site sticks mainly to home decor, and they offer designer products at up to 80% off retail prices. Sample brands include Jansen, Alessi, and Rose&Iris.
- Beyond the Rack: Elle Decor posted this week that Beyond the Rack — a members-only group known for online clothing sales — is moving into home decor. They say, "Featured brands include Marimac, for linens, and Zuo Modern, which offers minimalist office and outdoor furniture and home accessories."
• RELATED: 10 Home Decor Private Sale Sites
Photos: As indicated in captions above. Products do not necessarily reflect a sale site's current available inventory.