My sister recently moved into an old home which was gutted and upgraded from the inside out, including all the electrical. The renovators surprisingly went overboard in regard to electrical outlets, placing one every 12-15 ft. across the length of their home.
But for many homeowners and renters, we're stuck with version 1.0 when it comes to outlets, always unplugging one thing to plug in another...
Here are ten plug-in or add-on electrical outlet accessories to improve outlet usability, including adding available electrical ports, USB charging options, cord organization and wireless signal duty:
- Satechi USB Surge Protector: $9.99
- Hammacher Schlemmer Plug-in USB Wall Outlet - $39.95
- Kikkerland Blok Power Outlet - $20.00
- Targus APA21US Plug-N-Power Charging Station - $21.60
- Belkin 3-Outlet Mini Travel Swivel Charger Surge Protector - $10.18
- Belkin Surge Protector with USB Port - $16.13
- Pivot Power Mini - Portable Power - $24.99
- Planex MZK-KR150N Wall Wi-Fi Router - ≈ $119.00
- KidCo Sliding Universal Outlet Cover - $3.94
- Plug Out Outlet Organizer - $15.00
And one more option, for the For DIYers: How To Upgrade a Wall Outlet to USB Functionality
(Images: as linked above)