When you're young and carefree, where you live is sometimes just a place to sleep between working and being a social butterfly. And that's fine. That's what being young is all about. But most of us, at some point or another, wake up, look around and realize that our home is no longer Dorm Room 2.0, but has the markings of a real, grown-up abode.
If you think this might be happening to you, here are 10 signs to look for:
1. You have a fabric shower curtain and a plastic liner.
2. You own a few guest towels, perhaps even a hand towel or two for visitors.
3. You have a nice knife and have realized it's worth every penny.
4. You own coasters...and have asked people to use them.
5. You eat at a table instead of in front of the television... sometimes.
6. You have some cloth napkins, even if you don't use them.
7. Somewhere along the line you acquired a carafe.
8. There suddenly seem like a lot of reasons to keep lemons around.
9. You have red and white wine glasses and you know which is which.
10. You have a plant. And it's alive.
Re-edited from a post originally published 6.16.15 - TW