Why would buy when you could DIY? You get the same function, but (usually) for far less cost, and the result is always something uniquely "you." Even the tiniest detail in your home office – like a notebook tossed casually on the desk – can speak volumes about your life and style. After all, they say, "the tools maketh the man". But sometimes the man makes the tools, too.
You don't need to start from scratch. A pride of bloggers have blazed the path before you, leaving behind a bevy of tutorials for crafting your very own notebook. You can craft a handmade notebook or memo pad out of everything, from leather and gold to library cards and paint chips.
What are you waiting for? Get started with one of these how-to's right now:
- TOP ROW:
- DIY Gold Leaf Notepads, Hello Lucky Blog
- Gift Wrap Notebooks, Fabric Paper Glue
- Paint Chip Matchbook Notepads, The Hobby Room Diaries
- Recycled Playing Card Notebooks, Handmadeology
- DIY Leather and Golf Leaf Notebook, Lovely Indeed BOTTOM ROW:
- Little Library Card Notebooks, Packagery
- Catalog Page & Washi Tape Notebooks, Calico Skies
- DIY Memo Blocks, Design and Form
- Stab Stitch Bound Notebooks, Design and Form
- Vinyl Record Notebook, Stars for Streetlights
(Images: As credited above)