Dorm life may seem like it doesn't have many choices when it comes to living a green lifestyle. You'd be surprised at the ways you can make a difference. Follow these great tips and not only green up your life but hopefully your roommate's too (and maybe even that guy down the hall!)
1. Turn off the overhead lights. Use task lighting with compact florescent lights to save energy.
2. Share a fridge. The more people using one fridge the better, just don't forget to label your food!
3. Start composting. Check out some great ways to compost indoors here.
4. Eat raw. Buy foods that don't need to be microwaved or cooked, instead eat healthy fruits and veggies in between dining hall meals.
5. Buy used. Don't buy all new supplies check out the campus classified ads and get what you need broken in (and cheaper!)
6. Use a fan. Don't turn that window air conditioner on instead use a fan to cool the room.
7. Ditch the plastic water bottle. Find some great reusable options here and here.
8. Choose organic cotton. Your sheets and towels can be eco-friendly too when you pick organic cotton, here are some great options.
9. Use power strips. By plugging all of your electronics into power strips and being sure to turn them off when you're not in the room you can save tons of energy.
10. Get a plant. Improve your air quality and decorate with a constant visual reminder of the fact that you're going green. For some great options that will also help you get some shut eye before your final check out our post here.