Looking for things to do this weekend? Whether you want to shop, catch a movie, tackle a home improvement project, or just chill out at home, we've got a few suggestions to pick from.
- If you're able to get tickets, check out the new Harry Potter movie, which opens this weekend! Before you go, have a glass of butter beer and peruse Apartment Therapy's take on Harry as a style icon.
- Get ready for the holidays by stocking your home bar. For inspiring set-ups, check out Sarah Rae's recent roundup, and for tips from the pros check the Kitchn's guide to the best bargain booze.
- If you're already checking people off your gift list, hit up the pre-holiday sales for good deals.
- If you'd rather skip the crowds but you still want to get a head start on your holiday shopping, go online. Check out this list of readers' favorite online shopping sites and be sure to skim the comments for good recommendations.
- Shopping for new china before Thanksgiving? We recommend classic white — for a great list of resources, try Maxwell's 2010 guide to best everyday china.
- Although the 20/20 Home Cure has wrapped up on Apartment Therapy, you can still catch up on previous episodes or pick out a weekend home improvement project by visiting our online archive.
- It's entertaining season, so you might be buying flowers this weekend. Apartment Therapy's resident expert, Susie Nadler, is a florist at San Francisco shop Flora Grubb, and her Garden Party column is filled with good ideas for flower arrangements and table settings.
- Preparing for guests this week? Janel posted a great list of tips for anyone who's setting up a temporary guest room in their living room.
- Thinking of painting a room — or maybe just an accent wall — in time for the holidays? For color ideas, check out our Room for Color 2010 archive, filled with lots of good concepts from real-life spaces.
- If you're overworked and ready to relax, take it easy and spend some time reading, listening to music, or just sitting and enjoying your home. For other ideas on how to do nothing, see this post.
Photos: As linked in captions above