Our favorite part of decorating the apartment for Christmas isn't "techie" like stringing LED light strands on the balcony or setting up a plasma-screen fireplace. We just love decorating our Christmas tree. But that doesn't mean we can't be geeky about it!
- DIY Keyboard Key Word Ornaments from GeekWare: Broken-off plastic keyboard keys—tied up with festive ribbons, of course—become a great way to spell out how you feel this holiday season.
- DIY Mario Mushroom Ornaments from Instructables: A wooden ball and dowel, when painted, make a stellar Xmas tribute to Nintendo.
- Santa's Slideshow Ornament ($14.98 from First Street): Bring grandma into the 21st century with a digital brag book to hang right on the tree this Christmas!
- Recycled CD and Circuit Board Ornaments (Starting around $4.75 from Nigel's Eco Store): An Unplggd favorite, these hangers allow you to be geeky and green.
- Christopher Radko Merry Berry Christmas Ornament (From Saks Fifth Avenue): A holiday take on everyone's favorite Crackberry. A great gift for the PDA-addicted person on your list.
- Season's Readings Scrolling LED Message Ornament ($14.95 from Baron Bob): Customize your tree and your greeting with this LED-flashing message ornament.
- Gamer Controller Ornaments ($25 from Ponoko): You might tear your eyes from the screen long enough to enjoy Christmas if your decorations were as gamer-geeky as these. Another Unplggd favorite.
- DIY Santa Mice from GeekWare: Teach an old mouse new tricks when some googly eyes and a glue gun turns it into a Santa ornament!