13 Top Air Purifying House Plants
Settling in for the winter? Considering a few house plants to lighten up your interior? According to a NASA study, certain plants can be chosen to best purify your home’s air.
NASA tested popular plants for their ability to create oxygen and filter common toxins like trichloroethylene (found in varnishes, paints, and adhesives), formaldehyde (present in carpets, furniture, and foam insulation), and benzene (found in plastics, synthetic fibres, and detergents) to purify the air astronauts breathe. [NASA] recommends having 15 to 18 good-sized houseplants in an 1,800-square-foot home.
Check out the list of top air purifying house plants after the jump…
The list of top air cleaning house plants:
1. Spider Plant (Chlorophytum comosum)
2. English Ivy (Hedera helix)
4. Dragon Tree (Dracaena marginata)
5. Gerbera Daisy (Gerbera jamesonii)
6. Peace Lily (Spathiphyllum)
7. Janet Craig Dracaena (Dracaena deremensis)
8. Chinese Evergreen (Aglaaonema modestum)
9. Variegated Corn Plant (Dracaena fragrans “Massangeana”)
10. Dracaena Warneckii (Dracaena deremensis “Warneckii”)
11. Chinese Evergreen (Aglaonema modestum)
12. Potted Mum (Chrysanthemum)
13. Corn Plant (Dracaena fragrans “Massangeana”)
Other recommended plants: Bamboo Palm (Chamaedorea seifrizii), Umbrella plant (Schefflera arboricola), Heart-leaf Philodendron (Philodendron scandens), Tree Philodendron (Philodendron selloum), Elephant Ear Philodendron (Philodendron domesticum), Weeping Fig (Ficus benjamina), Snake Plant (Sansevieria trifasciata), Pothos Vine (Epipremnum aureus), Aloe Vera
Via: Shared Vision.