15 Fresh Flower Inspired Gifts to Make for Mother’s Day
We independently select these products—if you buy from one of our links, we may earn a commission. All prices were accurate at the time of publishing.
A bouquet of fresh flowers is all well and good—provided your mom actually likes flowers—but why not do something special with the blooms this Mother’s Day? From crowns and combs to donuts and booze, here are 15 projects that will allow you to present the moms in your life with flowers—with flair.
Follow Topics for more like this
Follow for more stories like this
- DIY Floral Letter by Snippet & Ink Make your mom’s initial—or spell out MOM if you’re feeling ambitious.
- DIY Flower Messages by Lovely Indeed If one letter just won’t cut it, write your mom a message in the language of flowers.
- DIY Floral Bike Basket by Lovely Indeed How about a Mother’s Day bike ride? Present your cyclist mother with a basket decorated for the day.
- DIY Test Tube Vase Chandelier by A Pair & A Spare This makes a nice gift presentation, and you can fill it with flowers throughout the year.
- DIY Boxed Flowers by A Pair & A Spare This would be the perfect way to present a lovely little piece of jewelry (or a gift card).
EDIBLES & POTABLES:
- Floral Donuts by The Merrythought If there is any better gift in the world than a box of donuts, it’s a box of flower-festooned donuts.
- Lavender-Infused Vodka by Good Housekeeping Present your rose, violet, or lavender vodka in a pretty bottle—if your mom like floral flavors.
- How to Make Sugar Flowers by Edible Therapy I love baking and hate fiddly tasks, so I would be thrilled to be given a box of sugar flowers.
- DIY Your Own Rose Water by Zulily Rosewater can be used as a lovely toner or in recipes like faloodeh, baklava, or panna cotta.
- Edible Flower Waffles by Lovely Indeed Why battle the crowds when you can have a far more relaxing—and beautiful—brunch at home?
- DIY Fresh Flower Hat by A Pair & A Spare I would love to receive a straw hat for any occasion, and a beflowered one? Yes, please!
- DIY Wrist Corsage by Thirty Day Dash Has it been awhile since your mom received a corsage—especially a handmade one? Remedy that today.
- Kid-Made Mother’s Day Floral Herb Perfume Kid’s can help with every step of this project, from picking the flowers to making the label.
- DIY Asymmetrical Floral Crown for Minimalists by A Practical Wedding Combs, hats, and corsages are very nice, but they’re no CROWNS.
- DIY Boutonnieres by Bride & Breakfast If your mom likes to rock the menswear, make her a dashing boutonniere.