While hand painting details can seem like an overwhelming undertaking at first blush, armed with some inspiration and a few supplies it can be easier than you think (and doesn't require a degree in fine art). Little imperfections are part of the charm of anything handmade—just remember to keep you brushstrokes loose and relaxed for the most natural effect.
1. While a chair may seem like a big undertaking, it is well worth the dramatic effect. DIY by Sugar and Cloth.
2. A colorful cameo print makes these coaster stand out and the layering technique is fairly simple to replicate. DIY by Love and Cupcakes.
3. Revive an old wooden table with a hand painted pattern like this one, the tutorial even breaks down how to transfer your pattern as a guide. DIY by Green Wedding Shoes.
4. The hand painted stripes on these tea towels have a pretty, rustic feel. DIY by Style Me Pretty.
5. These seriously pretty teacups are created by thinning out your paint and letting the color run. DIY by Free People Blog.
6. These simple blue and white vases are the perfect starting point for the less artistically inclined and still yield beautiful results. DIY from Circus Berry.
7. These pretty latte bowls are all about the loose, handmade effect making them next to impossible to screw up. DIY by Style Me Pretty.
8. Hand-painting fabric before turning it into a pillow means you have plenty of opportunity to experiment and the colorful palette makes even the simplest print feel fresh and cheerful. DIY by Etsy Blog.
9. The repetitive dot pattern on theses clay coasters looks much more complicated than than it is to create. DIY by The Lovely Drawer.
10. These terra cotta pots use layered paint and tone on tone colors in a hand brushed Ikat pattern. DIY by Kate Bello.